LONDON: Chelsea have been banned from signing players in the next two transfer windows for breaching rules in relation to youth players, Fifa has announced.
The BBC reported on Friday that the ban, until the end of January 2020, does not prevent the release of players and will not apply to their women’s and futsal teams.
The Premier League club have said they will appeal against the decision.
- Tokyo Olympics: Gymnast Simone Biles wins bronze in women’s beam final
- Leaders of local sports teams praise the success and highlight the importance of Bank Muscat’s Green Sports Programme
- Tokyo Olympics: India men’s hockey team lose semis 2-5 to Belgium, to play for bronze
- Tokyo Olympics: Indian women’s hockey team make history, beat Australia 1-0 to reach first-ever semi-final
- Tokyo Olympics: Qatar’s Barshim, Italy’s Tamberi shares high jump gold
Chelsea have also been fined £460,000, while the Football Association (FA) has been fined £390,000.