For the first time in the history, Oman qualified for the knockout stages of AFC Asian Cup beating Turkmenistan 3-1 in Abu Dhabi on Thursday.
Veteran star striker Ahmed Kanu, Muhsen Al Ghassani and Muhammed Al Musalami did the honours by scoring three goals to take the Red Warriors to the qualifying stage.
- Oman Sail to host 50th edition of World Youth Sailing Championships
- Tokyo Olympics: Maximum of 10,000 fans to be allowed for each sporting event
- Father’s Day: Tendulkar takes trip down memory lane to a ‘special place’
- Kohli goes past 7500 runs in Test cricket
- Legendary sprinter Milkha Singh dies due to post-Covid complications