From Our Correspondent in Dubai
Oman must have lost their opening match against Uzbekistan at the Asian Cup 2019 Group F encounter but head coach Pim Verbeek remained positive.
“The match was very close and our boys played really well. I am proud of the way they attacked but luck was not in our side,” Verbeek told reporters after the match at Sharjah Stadium.
The Dutchman said his team will now focus on taking the full points from the remaning two games in UAE. “We are now gearing up for our next game and we are highly confident,” he added.
- Oman Sail to host 50th edition of World Youth Sailing Championships
- Tokyo Olympics: Maximum of 10,000 fans to be allowed for each sporting event
- Father’s Day: Tendulkar takes trip down memory lane to a ‘special place’
- Kohli goes past 7500 runs in Test cricket
- Legendary sprinter Milkha Singh dies due to post-Covid complications
Oman will meet Japan in Abu Dhabi on January 13.