Around 8,000 people are expected to take part in Al Mouj Muscat Marathon 2019, which will be held from January 18 and 19 in Muscat.
World record marathon champion Paula Radcliffe is the international figurehead for the marathon’s eighth edition in Oman’s capital. The iconic British multiple world record holder will act as ambassador. The two-day festival event will be held in six running categories.
The full marathon event will be held on the first day, Friday 18, along with the half-marathon, marathon relay and 10km run. The Kids’ Run and 5km charity fun run will now be held on the Saturday.
The Muscat Marathon was first held in 2012. Organised by the Muscat Road Runners the inaugural event attracted 135 competitors. Since then the grassroots event has quickly developed and significantly extended its international appeal.
- Oman records 41 deaths, more than 2,000 new Covid cases in 24 hours
- 18% of Oman’s population receives COVID-19 vaccine
- Three more commercial establishments violate Covid-19 rules in Oman
- Oman’s Supreme Committee to hold press conference on June 24
- Oman Sail to host 50th edition of World Youth Sailing Championships