MUSCAT: In the wake of rising coronavirus cases, the Supreme Committee has decided to completely close the commercial activities starting from May 8 until May 15, while night movement ban has been extended.
The committee said it will continue the movement ban of individuals and vehicles from 7pm to 4am from Saturday May 8 until May 15.
Meanwhile, the committee also decided to also ban complete closure of commercial activities from May 8 until May 15. In a statement issued, the committee said food stores, fuel stations, health institutions and pharmacies, and home delivery services for all goods are exempted from the ban.
- Pakistan’s blazing form continues, beat New Zealand by 5 wickets
- Fuel quality in Oman: Here’s what Ministry says after testing samples from 40 filling stations
- Sohar International gets approval to start operations in Saudi Arabia
- Oman’s Ministry of Transport suspends movement of trucks on Sohar-Yanqul road
- Oman’s economy and financial system weathered pandemic well, says CBO Chief
“The Supreme Committee also decided to suspend the attendance of employees to their places of work and to adopt a remote work system in the various units of the state’s administrative apparatus and other public legal persons, starting from Sunday, May 9, 2021 AD, until Tuesday, May 11, 2021 AD,” the statement added.