MUSCAT: The Supreme Committee has decided to impose a ban on passengers coming from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh in the wake of rising coronavirus cases.
The committee said the decision comes into force from April 24 at 6pm until further notice.
“Passengers transiting through these three countries over the last 14 days, are also not allowed to come to Oman,” the statement from the committee said.
- Pakistan’s blazing form continues, beat New Zealand by 5 wickets
- Fuel quality in Oman: Here’s what Ministry says after testing samples from 40 filling stations
- Sohar International gets approval to start operations in Saudi Arabia
- Oman’s Ministry of Transport suspends movement of trucks on Sohar-Yanqul road
- Oman’s economy and financial system weathered pandemic well, says CBO Chief
“This is with the exception of arriving passengers who are Omani citizens, diplomats or health workers and their families. The exempted groups will undergo the prescribed entry procedures when they reach the Sultanate’s land,” the statement added.