MUSCAT: Salary deduction, forcing workers to go on unpaid leave and termination of service are some of the complaints recorded by the General Federation of Oman Trade Union (GFOTU).
According to GFOTU, 353 complaints have been recorded so far, while 161 cases have been resolved by the workers union.
In the last five days, GFOTU has recorded 5 reports of workers’ rights violations. “Deduction of wages, forcing workers to go on unpaid leave, deduction of leaves for quarantine periods from annual leave and notifications of termination of service are some of the complaints received by the Federation,” the statement from GFOTU said.
- Our youth have unlimited potential, says Sayyid Theyazin
- Cyclone Shaheen: Dar Al Atta’a to build 35 housing units in Oman
- Pakistan’s blazing form continues, beat New Zealand by 5 wickets
- Fuel quality in Oman: Here’s what Ministry says after testing samples from 40 filling stations
- Sohar International gets approval to start operations in Saudi Arabia