MUSCAT: As the number of coronavirus (Covid-19) cases are rising, the Minister of Health told the country that “we have to learn to live with the virus”.
Speaking in an interview with Oman TV, His Excellency Dr. Ahmed Al Saidi, also said that social distancing is the only solution to keep the virus away. “I consider every person in Oman responsible. We appreciate every person who helped us. The virus is still here and we have to learn how to live with it,” he said.
‘Disease still very aggressive’
- It’s not over yet: Oman’s Health Minister urges people to continue adhering to COVID-19 preventive measures
- Oman lifts ban on events, exhibitions, sports activities
- Explained: Fully vaccinated worshippers allowed entry for Friday prayers in Oman mosques
- Friday prayers to resume across Oman mosques
- COVID-19: Oman records 114 new cases, 1 death in 3 days
The minister informed that the high number of cases and deaths is due to the fastest spreading of virus and the disease is still very aggressive. Oman has so far reported 59 total Covid-19 deaths, while as many as 12,799 are infected with Covid-19. “The disease unfortunately is very aggressive. Contrary to what some of the social media is telling, in Oman we are doing well,” he said.
Al Saidi said that all efforts are underway to flatten the curve in the country. “The curve is going very slowly and at one stage we even managed to flatten the curve but our impression is that the numbers shot up due to the second half of Ramadan and during the Eid holidays many people did not adhere to the social distancing measures and instructions,” he added.