MUSCAT: The Supreme Committee on Tuesday held its third meeting and took major decisions as follows:
- Restricting entry to the Sultanate from all land, sea and air entry points only to Omanis, and stopping the Omanis from leaving the Sultanate.
- Closure of all mosques, except to raise the call to prayer.
- Close all non-Muslim places of worship.
- Suspending all gatherings, events, and conferences in the Sultanate.
- Close all tourist sites, and prevent gatherings in public places, including beaches.
- Close all shops in shopping malls, with the exception of food and consumer stores, clinics, and pharmacies .
- Close traditional markets such as Mutrah Souq, Nizwa Souq, Rustaq Souq and Sinaw Souq.
- Restaurants and coffee shops and hotels are banned from serving food with an exception to the takeaway food service.
- Close sports and cultural clubs.
- Close gyms and health clubs, and men’s and women’s barber and beauty shops.
All these decision will come into effect on March 18, 2020 from 12pm onwards.